The Odds For Job Hunting in 2012
Date posted: March 7, 2012, 7:41 pm
According to Trading Economics.com South Africa’s unemployment rate last year reached a peak in mid March but then slowly came down again by September. With jobs being as scarce as they are it seems that there has to be a more effective way of finding and keeping a job. Pnet is always a good place to start as this job porthole covers many areas of expertise and has a long listing of recruiters willing to place you in an ideal position.
» Read the rest of the story
Fun & Productive Things While You Are Unemployed
Date posted: March 7, 2012, 7:46 pm
You might feel that after all the unsuccessful job hunting that you have done and waiting at home for so long, your life has become rather dull and boring. Try making the ‘waiting period’ more productive and effective…
Firstly, try putting together some useful job search tools, both online and offline. Redefine your CV and try to be more organised by putting together some effective answers for questions that you will most likely get in an interview. There cannot be enough said for a well organised and defined CV and this could be one of the most productive ways you can utilize your time.
» Read the rest of the story
Social media profiles cost jobs
Date posted: March 16, 2012, 3:21 pm
Almost one in five technology industry executives say that a candidate’s social media profile has caused them not to hire that person.
This was revealed in the 2012 annual technology market survey conducted by Eurocom Worldwide in association with Johannesburg based Watt Communications.
» Read the rest of the story
As a service provider to the ICT and Financial industries on a contract and permanent basis, our mission is to stand out from the crowd with a first class service to all our clients, candidates and contractors.
We provide our customers with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long-term relationships.
We develop and nurture a partnership with candidates, where the right career opportunities and advice are offered and executed.
Halisi. This Swahili word is loaded with meaning: Genuine, Precise, Exact.
Genuine… Precise… Exact. Values that we identify with
Our interaction with both clients and candidates are genuine. We strive to deliver the best service to all role players in the industry.
In spending time with clients and candidates, we are enabled to precisely incorporate our clients and candidate's values and needs – to find the right person for the position and to ensure career growth for the candidate.
We represent candidates that have an exact skills and culture fit
To be a leading HR provider for Contracting and Permanent Placements, specializing in the following disciplines:
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Industrial Sector
To provide a complete recruitment solution, comprising senior levels of professional commitment, skill, integrity, responsibility and personal service – with the aim of resolving all personnel resourcing problems and developing long term relationships with our clients. We have the necessary skills and competence to recruit the most qualified and appropriate candidates in the IT and Financial industries.
We pride ourselves in providing a high quality of service to the ICT and Financial divisions across all Industries.
To our clients:
We work in a close relationship with our clients in order to:
- Understand his work environment in terms of meeting his objectives, deadlines and budget constraints.
- We also attend to the culture fit in order to ensure the best way forward.
- In-depth interviews by experienced Recruitment Consultants
- Reference checks done with each candidate prior submission of CV.
- Qualification, criminal and credit checks done on request.
- Compiling and running of recruitment and/or advertising campaigns on behalf of our Clients.
- We assist in appointing the best level of expertise available at the time.
- With a database that is kept updated regularly, we have access to a pool of talented and skilled IT and Financial professionals .
- We handle all contract negotiation and administration, including terms, duration, rates and termination – where the correct route was followed regarding the LRA.
- On a regular basis we visit our clients ensuring constant feedback on and evaluation of contractor's performance.
- The close relationship between Halisi and client enables us to not only attend to the skills fit required, but also the culture fit in order to put the best candidate into the position.
To our contractors:
- Regular on-site visits from the relevant Account Manager providing feedback
- Tax and legal advice as well as career planning assistance.
- Prompt month-end payment when time sheets were submitted on the requested time.
- Standard contract - Independent or Labour Broker Contract status – the decision lies with the contractor.
- To our candidates
- A wide selection of opportunities in various industries exist
- We do face to face interviews – our aim is not only to find you a suitable job, but to link your career and your future.
- Briefing regarding interviews – arrive fully prepared knowing what to expect in every interview
Halisi Consulting currently owns a Level 4 status.
- Advertise positions on various search engines, such as Career Junction, in newspapers and Halisi Website.
- Run searches on internal database of 3500 candidates (Intelligence)
- Screen suitable candidates telephonically
- Arrange face to face interviews with successfully screened candidates (Competency based interview process)
- All applicants complete an application form, and allow permission for criminal, ITC, qualification and ID Verifications to be done through Kroll Mie.
- Telephonically References are obtained, and all information verified.
- Where applicable, applicants would also complete a skills matrix.
- CV, application form, skills Matrix, Verification checks and References are then loaded onto Halisi's internal database.
- Interviews are set up between client and candidate.
- Rate negotiations for potential candidates between client and candidate for permanent positions.
- Contract length and rate negotiation between client and candidate.
- Signing of contracts between client, Recruitment Company and successful candidate.
- Unsuccessful candidates are informed as soon as feedback is received from the client or when the successful candidate is appointed.